Home / School Link Worker
|Working together to support children and their families our Home/ School Worker, Nicola Woodward is available to meet with parents/carers on Wednesday mornings and Thursdays and Fridays 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Nicola’s aim is to support families and encourage all young people to enjoy school and feel happy and secure. She can help…
- Young people who are experiencing difficult times or who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or who have been excluded Parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties
- Offer a support group for parents/carers of children who has ASD
- Provide information on Young Carers and runs a group for Young Carers in school called "Choc n Chill".
- Support parents for whom English is not their first language (EAL). Nicola also hosts termly workshops/coffee mornings for EAL families.
She can also…
- Support you at school meetings
- Help you find your way through the education system
- Guide you towards other sources of help, advice and support
- Provide information on support groups for parents/carers.
Parents/carers, schools and young people can ask for Nicola’s involvement at Boxgrove at any time throughout a child’s primary education. With your consent she will explore the difficulties your child or family is experiencing and together, try to find the best way forward. Please note that Nicola works on a part-time basis and will respond to you as soon as she can.