Consultation on changes to admission arrangements for 2016
Surrey County Council is consulting on:
- proposed changes to admission arrangements for some community and voluntary controlled schools from September 2016
- a proposed change to the primary coordinated admissions scheme for 2016
- the proposed Relevant Area
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available at www.surreysays.co.uk.
What are the proposed changes?
The changes being proposed are as follows:
- Bagshot Infant School – introduction of a reciprocal sibling link with Connaught Junior School
- Hammond Community Junior School - introduction of a feeder link from Valley End CofE Infant and Windlesham Village Infant schools
- Meath Green Junior School – introduction of feeder link from Meath Green Infant School
- Wallace Fields Junior School – introduction of a tiered feeder link from Wallace Fields Infant School
- Worplesdon Primary School – introduction of admission criteria for entry to Year 3
- Cranleigh Primary - removal of Year 3 PAN
- Own admission authority schools to be included in assessment of nearest school – introduction of a clear policy on which schools should be included
- Start date to primary admissions round – proposal to publish a later start to the primary admissions round of 2 November 2015 rather than 1 September 2015
- Surrey’s Relevant Area – slight change to the way faith schools decide which other schools they should consult with
How can I respond to the consultation?
The consultation on these proposed changes will run from Friday 28 November 2014 to Thursday 22 January 2015. If you would like to take part please complete an online response form at www.surreysays.co.uk. Alternatively if you would prefer to respond on a paper form, please telephone the Surrey Schools and Childcare Service on 0300 200 1004 to request a copy. Please note that only response forms which are fully completed with the respondent’s name and address will be accepted.
What happens next?
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the County Council's decision making Cabinet on 24 February 2015. Its decision will then need to be ratified by the full County Council on 17 March 2015. Once determined the final admission arrangements will be placed on Surrey's website at www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions.