On behalf of the children, staff and governors, may I take this opportunity to welcome you to Boxgrove Primary School.
We hope that you will find our information both useful and informative.
If you have not already visited Boxgrove, we hope that you will do so in the near future. For parents/carers of children due to enter Reception in September 2015, we have an Open Day scheduled for Thursday, 9 October 2014, with tours of the school at 10:00am and 7:00pm. Please contact the School Office on the number below to book a place.
Mrs Alison Fitch
AIMS AND VALUES
- To convey to all children our high expectations of their behaviour and their academic achievement
- To engender a positive atmosphere that ensures that all children feel cared for and secure
- To encourage pupils to develop an understanding and awareness of personal, spiritual and moral values
- To provide wide and enriching learning experiences within the school environment and the wider community enabling all children to work to their full potential in all spheres of achievement
- To help all pupils to appreciate, respect and understand each other as individuals and to take personal responsibility for maintaining and caring for the school environment and our whole school community
- To work together with parents to provide a partnership which supports the growing child
- To help children to grow into individuals who will be committed to learning for the rest of their lives.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Boxgrove is an Academy co-educational school for children aged 4 - 11 years old and is situated on the east side of Guildford (between Burpham and Merrow). We are currently going through an expansion programme which will take us from a two form entry to a three form entry school. Our current Published Admittance Number (PAN) for Early Years, Years 1, 2, 3 and 4 is 90. Years 5 and 6 currently have a PAN of 60. By 2016 we will have three forms in all year groups.
At Boxgrove we adhere to the principle that "Every Child Matters" and that all children have the right to enjoy and achieve to the best of their ability in a safe, happy and secure learning environment. This encourages them to grow as global citizens and as members of the whole school community of 570 children plus staff. We believe that a strong partnership with parents encourages children to reach their full potential.
We hope you enjoy looking at our pictures to the left and around our website and that you gain a feel for our school and its grounds.
From CBBC Newsround
- Pictures: Wildfires rage in California
Thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes in northern California after a wildfire bu…
- VIDEO: Teacher sets new Eskimo roll record
A PE teacher from Nottingham has set a new world record for doing 30 Eskimo rolls in under a minute.
- VIDEO: Pandas open eyes for first time
A set of baby panda triplets have opened their eyes for the first time.
- Alex Salmond to step down
Alex Salmond is to step down as first minister of Scotland after voters decisively rejected independ…
- VIDEO: First buyer drops brand new iPhone 6
The first person to buy the iPhone 6 in Perth, Australia, dropped his new gadget during an interview…
Your questions answered - click here
Latest School Events
- October Half Term27Oct2014
Boxgrove School @BoxgroveSchool
17 Sep RT @TinxTraining: Starting 2moro @boxgroveschool. Yoga-Pilates fusion for every-body. Book now... http://t.co/OuaV5Qu9Jn
5 Sep RT @Stephafanny: @BoxgroveSchool Good luck to everyone for the new school year. The mural in Kent Hall is AMAZING! Thanks BPTA.
18 Jul RT @Stephafanny: @BoxgroveSchool an amazing year 6 leavers' evening #inspiringchildren
18 Jul RT @AnneMiltonMP: @BoxgroveSchool fabulous day with great orchestra, singing and dancing from all the children (nice cakes too!)
11 Jul Well done Grey Thompson on winning Sports Day today. Hope you all enjoyed it. Thank you everyone who helped make it such a success.
...YOUR BOXGROVE, YOUR SAY... DON'T MISS OUT - CLICK HERE
PARENT VIEW - SHARE YOUR VIEWS OF BOXGROVE THROUGH PARENT VIEW - CLICK HERE
EDUCATIONAL VISITS REVIEW - CLICK HERE